Hey Science Sketchers! We want to expand our library of videos explaining fundamental terms and concepts, and we need your help. The Fundamentals videos (like What is a Protein?) help make the research videos accessible to a broader audience by defining key science terms in a clear and simple way.
We have come up with a list of concepts (above) that are used often in our current collection of research videos. To enter our contest, create a 2-minute video defining one of these concepts by August 14th. Our three favorite entries will each be awarded $100!
If it's your first time making a Science Sketch, download our step-by-step guide for advice!
To be eligible for one of the three $100 prizes:
1. Your video must cover one of the suggested topics above.
2. Your video, including credits, must not exceed 2 minutes and 10 seconds in length.
3. Your video must not contain any materials that you do not have permission to use (music, images, etc).
4. We must receive your video link or file by August 14, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line "Video Contest Submission".
5. By submitting your video to the contest, you agree that it may be featured on sciencesketches.org, whether or not you win one of the three prizes.
Thanks, and good luck sketching!